Summer is a lovely time to visit a Chicago hotel and see the sights of this beautiful city. There are plenty of attractions that will captivate both children and adults including the massive creepy crawlies at the Brookfield Zoo. From May 19 until September 7, state of the art giant animatronic bugs will be on display to the public. As you walk along a scenic trail, there will be 22 stunning insects to view such as a huge Madagascar hissing cockroach or an elegant praying mantis. There are also more than 150 stationary bugs, which are all part of six themed scenes, such as cicadas hatching and ants eating a scorpion. If you are interesting in learning more about getting tickets to this captivating event, contact the Brookfield Zoo for more information.
Interesting facts about the Brookfield Zoo from our Chicago Hotel
- The zoo covers an area of 216 acres (87 ha)
- It houses around 2300 animals and 450 different species.
- The zoo was also the first in America to exhibit giant pandas
- The Brookfield Zoo has a majestic fountain named after former American President Theodore Roosevelt
- It opened in 1934 and was known for using natural habitats instead of cages
- The world’s first black rhinoceros born in captivity was in Brookfield Zoo.
Visit the Xtreme Bugs at Brookfield Zoo while staying at our Chicago hotel
The Best Western Chicago Hillside Hotel is a family friendly Chicago hotel which is just minutes from downtown and other tourist attractions. Some of America’s best museums, restaurants and other hot spots are in Chicago. Our scheduled shuttle can drop you nearby convenient transport to these locations. Visit our Best Western Chicago Hillside Hotel website to learn more about why we’re the best choice in Chicago accommodations.